Re: [libvirt] Compiler warnings

On 10/18/2011 07:21 AM, Wen Congyang wrote:
I meet another warnings, but it does not break the buildings:

CCLD libvirt_driver_remote.la
CCLD libvirt.la
CCLD libvirt_test.la

*** Warning: Linking the shared library libvirt_test.la against the
non-libtool
*** objects probes.o is not portable!

Yes, that warning is present if you are compiling on Linux and have the dtrace tool enabled for systemtap probe points. It is harmless, because we aren't trying to link against probes.o on any platform except Linux, but we have no way to tell libtool to shut up. It would only be worth worrying about if we tried to use probes.o on other platforms.