[libvirt] How to use "virsh migrat" with p2p option?

Guangya Liu gyliu at platform.com
Mon Oct 24 08:35:54 UTC 2011

Hi libvirt support,

Just introduce myself, I was an ISF developer from Platform Computing.

Thanks,
Guangya Liu
ISF Developer
Platform Computing
Direct: +1 905 948 4526
Skype: guangyaliuf9
www.platform.com <blocked::http://www.platform.com/>

From: Guangya Liu <mailto:gyliu at platform.com>
Date: 2011-10-24 16:34
To: libvirt-users <mailto:libvirt-users at redhat.com> ; libvir-list <mailto:libvir-list at redhat.com>
Subject: How to use "virsh migrat" with p2p option?
Hi libvirt support,

Can you please give me some example of how to use "virsh migrate --live" with p2p option including both source host and target host?

I try to get some info from your website, but no info with migrate.

[root at vmoactive02 qemu]# virsh help migrate
  NAME
    migrate - migrate domain to another host

  SYNOPSIS

  DESCRIPTION
    Migrate domain to another host.  Add --live for live migration.

  OPTIONS
    --live           live migration
    --p2p            peer-2-peer migration
    --direct         direct migration
    --tunnelled      tunnelled migration
    --persistent     persist VM on destination
    --undefinesource  undefine VM on source
    --suspend        do not restart the domain on the destination host
    --copy-storage-all  migration with non-shared storage with full disk copy
    --copy-storage-inc  migration with non-shared storage with incremental copy (same base image shared between source and destination)
    [--domain] <string>  domain name, id or uuid
    [--desturi] <string>  connection URI of the destination host
    [--migrateuri] <string>  migration URI, usually can be omitted
    [--dname] <string>  rename to new name during migration (if supported)

Thanks,

Guangya