[libvirt] RPM build failure on Redhat6

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 21:08:48 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 10:48 PM, Wayne Xia wrote:
> Hi, I want to build rpm for latest libvit version on Redhat6, but when
> I type:
> ./autogen.sh --system
> make rpm -j4
>
> error happens:
>
>   sitemap.html.tmp index.html.tmp archdomain.html.tmp downloads.html.tmp
> auth.html.tmp internals/locking.html.tmp archnode.html.tmp
> hvsupport.html.tmp bugs.html.tmp java.html.tmp locking.html.tmp
> logging.html.tmp testapi.html.tmp formatnetwork.html.tmp
> bindings.html.tmp uri.html.tmp drvtest.html.tmp contact.html.tmp
> formatnwfilter.html.tmp intro.html.tmp drvxen.html.tmp drvesx.html.tmp
> drvqemu.html.tmp drvvmware.html.tmp testsuites.html.tmp
> devguide.html.tmp firewall.html.tmp architecture.html.tmp todo.html.tmp
> formatsnapshot.html.tmp formatstorage.html.tmp deployment.html.tmp
> internals.html.tmp api_extension.html.tmp drvuml.html.tmp
> virshcmdref.html.tmp csharp.html.tmp python.html.tmp drvremote.html.tmp
> archstorage.html.tmp remote.html.tmp drivers.html.tmp formatnode.html.tmp
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/xiawenc/WorkDir/Source/libvirt/libvirt/docs'
> make[1]: *** [distdir] Error 1

That's not the actual error (which happened several lines before where
you started pasting).

I'm not sure what's going on, but I will add that I have sometimes seen
a 'make -j2' failure when the makefile gets to the point of generating
todo.html.  I'm not sure where the missing make dependency is, but
hopefully next time someone sees it, and accurately reports it, we can
patch docs/Makefile.am to avoid these parallel make problems.

In the meantime, 'make -C docs' without -j should get you past this issue.