[libvirt] migration of vnlink VMs

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Sep 5 06:40:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:29:00PM +0200, Jérémie Tarot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/5/24 Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com>

> > And new bridging modes would be
> >
> >   <forward layer='link'
> > mode='bridge-brctl|vepa|private|passthru|bridge-macvtap'/>
> >

> VDE ? Openvswitch ?

  I would be very happy to push openvswitch and suggest to people
to rely on it ... once it is accepted in the upstream kernel.
Unfortunately that's still not the case, and history of hypervisors
like openvz and xen really shows why this should be their #1 focus,
instead of being put in the backburner TODO list as it seems [*]

Daniel

[*] I would love to be proved wrong on this !