[libvirt] lvm backed storage

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Thu Sep 8 16:00:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

When lvm.conf has 'command_names = 1', then all results are prefixed with
the command name.  This confuses libvirt which does not ignore those.  I
thought fixing that would be a simple case of detecting those conditions
at virStorageBackendLogicalMakeVol() and friends, but I was wrong - those
functions are not getting called at all when command_names=1.  I'll keep
nosing around, but it seemed prudent to ping the list and ask what you
think would be the cleanest way to handle this case?

thanks,
-serge