[libvirt] libguestfs integration: rich disk access for libvirt applications

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 11:55:19 UTC 2011

To put this all into one place:

(1) An ugly new libvirt API that runs febootstrap-supermin-helper to
create the appliance.

(2) Modify guestfs_add_domain to launch a transient domain using
virDomainCreate.  (Forget about the live case for the moment).

(3) A new libvirt API to open and forward a virtio-serial channel.
This seems generally a useful thing.

  int virDomainOpenChannel(virStreamPtr, const char *channelid);

(4) libguestfs somehow has to access a virStreamPtr.  We can work this
one out.

(5) libvirt will autoclose the domain for us when we close the
virConnectPtr.

I'm worried about item (1) in this list ...

Rich.