[libvirt] Start of freeze for libvirt-0.9.11 and availability of rc1

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Mon Apr 2 11:26:49 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 21:35:50 -0400, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 03/31/2012 07:56 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >  I just made the second release candidate
> >
> >   ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.11-rc2.tar.gz
> >
> > along with the rpms and tagged the git tree.
> >
> >  It seems to work okay in my limited testing. If all goes well I would
> > probably push on Tuesday,
> >

> A gentoo user reported in irc (#virt on irc.oftc.net) earlier today that
> builds were failing for him on a fresh checkout from git:
>
>    <feniksa> hi, when i compile libvirt on my gentoo i get warning:
>
>      cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option
> "-Wno-suggest-attribute=const"
>      cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option
> "-Wno-suggest-attribute=pure"
>
>    <feniksa> gcc (Gentoo 4.5.3-r2 p1.1, pie-0.4.7) 4.5.3
>    <feniksa> last part of conf: http://pastebin.com/gnT4Y2Ba
>              and compile log http://pastebin.com/FcSwshzS

It's important to note that those warnings never show up on their own. They
are only printed in case there is something else the compiler warns about
(libnl header issue covered by gentoo bug #366561 in this case). And I
remember seeing it since these gcc options were introduced several releases
ago.

Jirka