[libvirt] 0.9.11 rc2, FreeBSD

Jason Helfman jhelfman at e-e.com
Mon Apr 2 21:10:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 08:48:11PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange thus spake:

>The test suite doesn't depend on anything that the main code doesn't
>already require. So you should be able to just run 'make check' and
>it'll compile & run the tests.
>
>Of course reality may differ from theory :-)

I've enabled testing, now, if you want to take a look at the above urls.
Any comments?

>> >I'd hope to should pass, and would be interested in any failures

Let me know if you would like to see anything more here.

>I strongly expect that the QEMU driver has a large number of Linux-isms
>in it. That said, I also expect all the Linux-isms to be solveable. So
>my recommendation is probably to enable it, then insert enough #ifdef's
>to get just the basics compiling. Then post the #ifdef details to the
>list so we can figure out an optimal way to handle the Linux-isms long
>term, and make suggestions on how to provide BSD alternative impls.
>
>The kernel-headers check is an example of a Linux-ism we should look
>to solve.

I agree with removing the Linux-ism's, as it will only make it more
portable. Do you have an example of header files that I should be looking
for?

Thanks,
Jason
--