Re: [libvirt] Openvswitch support - port tagging

Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 17:26:17 -0700
Subject: Re: Openvswitch support - port tagging
From: aatteka nicira com
To: dano1988 hotmail it
CC: libvir-list redhat com; libvirt-users redhat com; dev openvswitch org; roberto sassu polito it; paolo smiraglia polito it

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Daniele Milani <dano1988 hotmail it> wrote:
I was looking at the release candidate of libvirt (0.9.11-rc2) and I have not been able to understand if the openvswitch support includes the port tagging support.
If your question is "Whether it is possible to specify VLAN tag in
Domain XML file" then the answer is "No".

But, you can always invoke ovs-vsctl manually to add a tag
to the VM's interface after it was already created (if this is
an option to you).

It is possible to do that adding vlanid=number in the virtualport definition and translating it with ovs-vsctl --tag=number in virdnetevopenvswitch.c .
Do you think that a patch that includes this functionality would be accepted?

Thanks,
Daniele

So my question is: is it possible to create a tagged port? How?
Otherwise, would it be useful to add this functionality?

Thanks,
Daniele Milani