[libvirt] building error

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Thu Apr 26 18:45:52 UTC 2012

On 04/20/2012 04:50 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 02:26:31PM +0800, Wen Congyang wrote:
>> When I build libvirt, I meet the following error message
>> sometimes:
>>
>> make[4]: Entering directory `/home/wency/rpmbuild/BUILD/libvirt-0.9.11/docs'
>>   GEN    libvirt-api.xml
>>   GEN    libvirt-qemu-api.xml
>>   GEN    html/index.html
>> ./libvirt-api.xml:2450: parser error : AttValue: ' expected
>>     <function name='virConnectDomainEventDeregister' file='libvi
>   hum ... libvirt-api.xml is generated by docs/apibuild.py
>
> that's the first time I heard of a truncated output from that
> program.
>
> [...]
>> unable to parse ./libvirt-api.xml
>> make[4]: *** [html/index.html] Error 6
>> make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>>
>> If I rebuild it without anything change, the building will success.
>   It may be a problem of running make with a default parallel seting
> and a bug in docs/Makefile.am where ./libvirt-api.xml would not be
> properly serialized with the building of html/index.html.
>   The weird thing is that from your output they seems to be serialized
> but I would definitely investigate in that direction.
>
>   I just checked from git head here and that seems to work fine ....
>
> Daniel

I just encountered what looks like the same problem. At the time I was
running "make -j4" in the libvirt directory, and also building a Fedora
rawhide kernel, so the system was loaded down fairly well:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/laine/devel/libvirt/docs'
  GEN    libvirt-qemu-api.xml
    devhelp/index.html
  GEN    html/index.html
./libvirt-api.xml:2686: parser error : AttValue: ' expected
      <arg name='conn' type='virConnectPtr' info='pointer to the
hypervisor con

^
./libvirt-api.xml:2686: parser error : attributes construct error
      <arg name='conn' type='virConnectPtr' info='pointer to the
hypervisor con

^
./libvirt-api.xml:2686: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag
arg line 2686
      <arg name='conn' type='virConnectPtr' info='pointer to the
hypervisor con

^
./libvirt-api.xml:2686: parser error : Premature end of data in tag
function line 2683
      <arg name='conn' type='virConnectPtr' info='pointer to the
hypervisor con

^
./libvirt-api.xml:2686: parser error : Premature end of data in tag
symbols line 1136
      <arg name='conn' type='virConnectPtr' info='pointer to the
hypervisor con

^
./libvirt-api.xml:2686: parser error : Premature end of data in tag api
line 2
      <arg name='conn' type='virConnectPtr' info='pointer to the
hypervisor con

^
unable to parse ./libvirt-api.xml
make[4]: *** [devhelp/index.html] Error 6
./libvirt-api.xml:3112: parser error : CData section not finished
Populate a disk image with data from its backing i
The
   ^
./libvirt-api.xml:3112: parser error : Premature end of data in tag info
line 3098
The
   ^
./libvirt-api.xml:3112: parser error : Premature end of data in tag
function line 3097
The
   ^
./libvirt-api.xml:3112: parser error : Premature end of data in tag
symbols line 1136
The
   ^
./libvirt-api.xml:3112: parser error : Premature end of data in tag api
line 2
The
   ^