Re: [libvirt] ANNOUNCE: Stable release libvirt-0.9.11.2

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 01:38:27PM -0500, Doug Goldstein thus spake:
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Jason Helfman <jhelfman e-e com> wrote:
Okay, I screwed up the tarball for the first stable release, due to not
building it from a fresh checkout :/ No changes for this one except a
version
bump and dist rebuild.

This release can be downloaded at:

http://libvirt.org/sources/libvirt-0.9.11.2.tar.gz

Thanks,
Cole

Is there any particular reason that the project is using the same naming
convention for stable releases? It appears to be a minor revision update
from the standard release cycle. From an outsiders prospective, I don't
know how anyone would think that 0.9.11.2 is not a standard update from
0.9.11, as there is no distinction in either the name from the distributed
file, or documentation (unless I missed it denoted specifically on
libvirt.org).

Would there be any objection to using a distribution file name
libvirt-stable-0.9.11.2.tar.gz ?

To me, it is confusing, but that is just my opinion.

Thanks,
Jason

Don't change the tarball name like that. That would just plain suck
and be different than how 99% of projects out there do things.

Ok, but having the same download path is just as confusing, as it looks like
an update to 0.9.11, when it is a different release.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Helfman