[libvirt] Schedule for next release: entering freeze in a week

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 09:05:57 UTC 2012

 I would rather have the release a bit earlier than expected,
I was initially hoping to get a new set of localization for
Sep 4 but it is clear at this point that we won't have them
in time. Since we have been working on 0.10.0 for 6 weeks now,
I think pushing it 2 weeks from now is reasonnable, so I
suggest to enter the freeze next week on Wed 22 for a release
on the 29 Aug (or a bit earlier if things go well).

 Considering the amount of changes done for 0.10.0, (we are already
at 370 patches in) my guess is that an extra release at the end
of September not too long after 0.10.0 but with enough testing
feedack will make maintainance easier. So I'm shooting for
a 0.10.1 release aproximately 4 weeks after 0.10.0 itself,

  If such a schedule is raising problem, please tell :-)
And if you have patches you want in 0.10.0 which didn't got reviews
or isn't pushed, please git rebase them and send them again
so they get the attention needed and get pushed within a
week !

   thanks,