[libvirt] libvirt current git & F18

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Thu Dec 6 19:48:18 UTC 2012

On 12/06/2012 02:36 PM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 01:22 PM, Jim Fehlig wrote:
>> Gene Czarcinski wrote:
>>> Anyone know of problems with the libvirt based on today's git and
>>> Fedora 18.  Trying to rebuild some rpms which build fine on Fedora 17
>>> fail on Fedora 18.  It appears that it may be related to xen-devel.
>> Fedora 18 has Xen 4.2 right?  If you have xen-devel installed, the
>> configure script will detect and enable the libxl driver, which was
>> written against Xen 4.1 libxl.  But Xen 4.2 libxl is incompatible with
>> 4.1 libxl, so your build will fail.  I have a patch to convert the
>> driver to Xen 4.2 libxl
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-November/msg01582.html
>>
>> You can disable building the driver in the meantime with
>> --without-libxl.
> Thank you, thank you.
>
> I have been having some problems getting F18-beta installed and did
> not need additional problems trying to get 1.0.0 with my patches up.
>
> Mmmm.  This reminds me of the issue under F17 with libnl3.

Actually much less of a headache - in the case of libnl3, you really
*did* need to build with libnl of some sort enabled. Also, everything
was in place for the switch beforehand, unlike for Xen 4.2. The wrench
in the gears was that a freeze was put in place on the F18 branch right
after I had pushed the netcf update, but before the libvirt Fedora
maintainer could push a libvirt update - it was stuck in limbo for a
couple weeks and we suffered in the meantime.