[libvirt] virsh list --all not showing domain

Andy Howell andy at gamubaru.com
Fri Dec 7 02:47:39 UTC 2012

On 12/06/2012 03:29 AM, Osier Yang wrote:
> On 2012年12月06日 17:07, Andy Howell wrote:
>> I'm running libvirt 0.9.13 on Ubuntu 12.10. I created a qemu VM from an
>> existing image. I able to start and stop it, but networing was not
>> working. After a reboot of my laptop, I can not long see the machine.
>>
>> virsh list --all
>> Id Name State
>>
>> The config file exists for the machine in /etc/libvirt/qemu/suse10.xml
>
> It's probably caused by fails on loading the domain conf, can
> you try if manually loading works?
>
> % virsh define /etc/libvirt/qemu/suse10.xml
>
> Osier

Thanks, that did the trick. The really problem was there suse10.xml file was invalid. I
had edited it while trying to get networking to work. When I did the 'virsh define' it
complained about the error. Fixed that, defined it, and now I see it.

Regards,

	Andy

For reference, the error message was:

virsh define /etc/libvirt/qemu/suse10.xml
error: Failed to define domain from /etc/libvirt/qemu/suse10.xml
error: internal error No <source> 'network' attribute specified with <interface
type='network'/>