[libvirt] virDomainSetMetadata --> qemuDomainSetMetadata

SHAH, Ronak (Ronak R) ronak_r.shah at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Dec 11 18:02:36 UTC 2012

Hi Eric, Daniel,
Thanks for the response.
Sure let me try that.

Its defeats the purpose of virDomainSetMetadata if you cant set <metadata> :)
Individual API is written just to support that (obviously along with setting <title> and <description>).
API takes domain pointer as its first argument which is the return value of virDomainDefine.

As per my interpretation, you define the XML of <domain> first, grab an handle and call SetMetadata.
That’s the way I was able to set <title> and <description> and that’s the way I feel we should set <metadata> as well UNLESS there is a reason for not doing it.

Thanks,
Ronak