[libvirt] Coverity scan

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 09:56:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:25:04AM -0500, John Ferlan wrote:

> Of the defects found there are quite a few which can be considered
> as "false positives", some are trivial issues, a few complex issues,
> and the rest while resulting in a core usually occur in some error
> path. The bulk of the BAD_SIZEOF errors are the result of using a
> %p in the PROBE macro on structure pointers - it's a false positive,
> yet annoying.

For this I would suggest contacting the systemtap developers mailing
list and describing the issue & asking if there's anything they can
do to sdt.h to work around the coverity trigger. Perhaps there's
some kind of annotation to make coverity ignore it, or perhaps they
can re-write their macro to avoid it.

Daniel

[1] http://sourceware.org/systemtap/getinvolved.html