[libvirt] Unable to compile libvirt git src... python-config error

Hi All,
    I am getting this error, while trying to compile latest git src.

./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/usr --enable-compile-warnings=error
running bootstrap...
./bootstrap: Error: 'python-config' not found

./bootstrap: Please install the prerequisite programs
Failed to bootstrap, please investigate.

I am ubuntu, and all packages related to python-config are installed.. as seen by the 'i' below...

aptitude search python-config
i python-configglue - Glues together optparse.OptionParser and ConfigParser.ConfigParser i python-configobj - simple but powerful config file reader and writer for Python

Can someone help, what i am missing ?

thanx,
deepak