[libvirt] [libvirt-glib] Add gvir_domain_get_saved()

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 12:47:13 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:01:45PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:16:11PM +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > >
> > > The naming needs to be more explicit, libvirt will suspend the domain after
> > > a call to virDomainSave or virDomainManagedSave, the current name only
> > > checks for the latter state. I'd go for
> > > gvir_domain_has_managed_save_image();
> >
> > I see this patch has been pushed to master with this part unchanged and no
> > discussion whatsoever on the list, what happened there?
>
> Oh, I ACK'd his new patch, without noticing your message in this
> thread.
>
> I tend to agree with your suggestion to rename to
>
>  gvir_domain_has_managed_save_image()

Actually, looking more closely at the API, virDomainManagedSave is wrapped
in gvir_domain_save, so gvir_domain_has_managed_save_image would be
inconsistent. However, _get_saved is a very confusing name for me,
gvir_domain_is_saved would fit much better, but we already had this
discussion...

Christophe