Re: [libvirt] Access to the secretDriver in a storage backend?

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 01:26:54PM +0100, Wido den Hollander wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on a storage backend for libvirt which needs credentials
to access the storage pool. I want to use the build in secret
manager from libvirt, but it seems I do not have access to the
secretDriver in a storage backend?

static int virStorageBackendRBDRefreshPool(virConnectPtr conn
ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED, virStoragePoolObjPtr pool) {

	if (pool->def->source.auth.cephx.secret != NULL) {
		virSecretPtr secret;
		secret = conn->secretDriver->lookupByUUID(conn,
pool->def->source.auth.cephx.secret);
		virSecretFree(secret);
	}

	return 0;
}

It goes wrong at this point:
conn->secretDriver->lookupByUUID(conn,pool->def->source.auth.cephx.secret);

"error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type"

Is the secretDriver available in a storage backend? In
storage_backend.c I see that it should be available, correct?

Are you missing the '#include "datatypes.h"'  header ?

Yes, that was indeed the fix.

Although, in the meantime I found:

virSecretPtr secret;
secret = virSecretLookupByUUIDString(conn, pool->def->source.auth.cephx.secret);

value = virSecretGetValue(secret, &value_size, 0);

This also works fine, but what do you recommend?

Wido