Re: [libvirt] g_error considered harmful

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Marc-André Lureau
<marcandre lureau gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau redhat com> wrote:
>> And I forgot to mention that the only remaining use of g_error are in
>> gvir_init_object and gvir_init_config where it's probably acceptable to die
>> if things didn't work as expected.
>
> Not really, it would be better to return an error.

  Thats something that is not supposed to happen so I don't think
returning an error is wise here. GError is for *recoverable* runtime
errors, nothing for reporting "oh we are totally screwed".

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124