Re: [libvirt] [libvirt-glib] Add virStorageVolResize()

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Eric Blake <eblake redhat com> wrote:
> On 01/26/2012 10:29 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:

>> +/**
>> + * virStorageVolResize:
>> + * @vol: pointer to storage volume
>> + * @capacity: new capacity
>
> In what units?  virDomainBlockResize used kbytes as the unit,

Shouldn't that be implicit unless specified otherwise in the docs? I
am fine with or without explicit docs.

>> + * be greater than or equal to current allocation of the volume.
>
> I think this is too strong - downsizing _might_ be reasonable, even
> though it is generally a form of data loss and thus must not be default,
> so let's control it by a flag.

That might work for raw files but qemu-img refuse to downsize the image.

> Here's the delta I'm proposing; I'll repost this as a formal patch when
> I finish reviewing part 2.

So I'm OK with everyone other than I addressed above. Most important
thing is that you test your changes.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)