[libvirt] virDomainNetGetActualBridgeName doesn't return the actual bridge

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 16:00:14 UTC 2012

On 01/30/2012 08:15 AM, Hendrik Schwartke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> calling virDomainNetGetActualBridgeName on a bridge with type
> VIR_DOMAIN_NET_TYPE_NETWORK seems to return NULL in any case, because
> iface->data.network.actual is NULL. Is that intented?
>
> What is the best way to determine the bridge the interface is connected to?

For the virtual network case, you could do it in a round about way by getting
the network name from the domain <interface> block, then parsing the bridge
name from the equivalent of virsh net-dumpxml <netname>

But if we are providing an API like that it should probably work for virtual
networks (but then again I don't know the specific use case that API was meant
to address so it may be conceptually wrong).

- Cole