Re: [libvirt] libvirt can't get capablities

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 05:56:35PM +0800, Osier Yang wrote:
> I'm wondering if we should force to require yajl-devel if build with
> "with-qemu", as without yajl-devel, it can't do much work with new
> qemu now.

Something like this ? ;)

commit 350583c859deaaddc98d7319e1c2ad649e4d3e83
Author: Eric Blake <eblake redhat com>
Date:   Wed Jun 13 10:09:39 2012 -0600

    build: hoist qemu dependence on yajl to configure

    Commit 6e769eba made it a runtime error if libvirt was compiled
    without yajl support but targets a new enough qemu.  But enough
    users are hitting this on self-compiled libvirt that it is worth
    erroring out at compilation time, rather than an obscure failure
    when trying to use the built executable.

    * configure.ac: If qemu is requested and -version works, require
    yajl when qemu version is new enough.
    * src/qemu/qemu_capabilities.c (qemuCapsComputeCmdFlags): Add
    comment.