[libvirt] Question about pci-passthrough

Hello All,

I had a question about pci-passthrough using hostdev mode in Libvirt.

When I assign hostdev->parent.type = VIR_DOMAIN_DEVICE_NET, the hostdev is passed into the guest and acts as a network device.

When I assign hostdev->parent.type = VIR_DOMAIN_DEVICE_NONE, the hostdev is passed into the guest and acts as a PCI Host device.

Please can someone point me to the part of code in libvirt where this decision is made based on hostdev->parent.type?

--
Many Thanks,
Regards,