Re: [libvirt] can't get right capabilities

On 06/04/2012 03:48 PM, Radu Caragea wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Li Zhang<zhlcindy linux vnet ibm com>
To: libvir-list redhat com
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 9:17 AM
Subject: [libvirt]  can't get right capabilities

Hi,

I am trying to use x86 machine to create VMs.
But one error occurs.

[root mcd kvm-test]# virsh create test.xml
error: Failed to create domain from test.xml
error: unknown OS type hvm

Did you restart libvirtd after modprobing the kvm modules? Does anything appear in dmesg regarding kvm? Are you running any other virtualization solution besides kvm when you are trying to do that ?

Yes, I restart libvirtd.
Actually, I can use qemu command line to create a VM.
On my machine, there is only kvm installed, no other virtualization solution.