[libvirt] Looking for libvirt for RHEL 6.1 to provide Memory related metrics.

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 12:21:28 UTC 2012

On 06/06/2012 03:15 AM, Roy, Kallol wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Can some one let me know if we have the latest libvirt version for RHEL 6.1 which would provided me Memory related counters/metrics. The latest libvirt which I found was on Fedora.
> Any pointer or expected dates of libvirt release on RHEL would be highly appreciated.

If you have specific questions about libvirt on RHEL, you may be better
off opening a support ticket with Red Hat.  Since each release of RHEL
picks a given libvirt version, and then only backports patches that
don't bump ABI compatibility into that version, you will have to work it
out with Red Hat whether you can get your desired feature backported to
RHEL 6.1, or whether you should instead upgrade to newer RHEL.
Otherwise, you can just rebuild any version of libvirt that you desire
to run on RHEL 6.1, although by doing so, you no longer get Red Hat
support on your use of libvirt if your self-build has problems.

Meanwhile, RHEL 6.2 is available for the public, with a newer version of
libvirt (v0.9.4 plus patches), and RHEL 6.3 beta has been announced
(v0.9.10 plus patches).  Future release dates and libvirt versions in
those releases are anyone's guess.