Re: [libvirt] pointless time-consuming test 'virsh-all'

On 06/07/2012 02:24 AM, Martin Kletzander wrote:
> On 06/07/2012 05:32 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
>> The command 'make -C tests check' takes forever, because it is calling
>> this lengthy virsh command and ignoring the failures:
>>
>> $ time tools/virsh -c test:///default connect
>> error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
>> error: Failed to connect socket to
>> '/run/user/eblake/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory
>>

>> real	0m21.070s
>> user	0m0.027s
>> sys	0m0.036s
>>
>> The test looks quite broken - ALL it is currently doing is wasting 21
>> seconds on this one iteration, because it ignores output and exit status
>> (what else _is_ there, besides effects to the file system)?

This part is still true - the test in its current incarnation is wasted,
because it ignores output and exit status, even if you don't hit a delay.

> $ time tools/virsh -c test:///default connect
>

> real	0m0.048s

Odd.  Looks like I have some debugging to do, then (it might be related
to how I have my $HOME mounted).