Re: [libvirt] daemon: Install libvirtd under 'bin' not 'sbin'

On 06/07/2012 11:13 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 06/07/2012 07:31 AM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak gnome org>
>>
>> This binary is not admin-only at all and launching it as normal user is
>> a supported use case: session.
>
> The idea makes sense to me, but as the other followups mentioned, you'll
> need a v2 that scrubs the rest of the source to find it in the correct
> locations before we can apply it.  Not mentioned so far is that
> libvirt.spec.in will need modification, as will daemon/libvirtd.service.in.

Oh, and if it isn't clear, the spec changes must be such that F17 and
RHEL 6 still install to /sbin, leaving only F18 and RHEL 7 as the first
releases that could support /bin (this probably means manually moving
things around according to conditionals).  Probably means you also have
your work cut out for './autogen.sh --system' doing the right thing
across platforms.