[libvirt] libvirt modification

Patrick Raad patrick.raad at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:22:44 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am not that expert in development, but I am working on a project for
migrating VM between hosts and I need to add a function to libvirt in order
to send a certain message.

What I am using is KVM-qemu as a hypervisor. When a VM "live" migrates from
a host A to a host B, I need that the host B sends a certain message
through a socket, once the live migration has been successfully completed
and the VM is running on host B.
Can you please tell me which file I must modify in order to add my
function? What does libvirt uses to notify the destination that the
migration is completed.
I thought about modifying qemu_migration.c, but it didn't seem to work, so
I was thinking about using virsh.c, but this way the destination host won't
be notified so I don't think it can work...

Any ideas??
Thank you

--
Patrick RAAD