[libvirt] [Spice-devel] RFC: spice-server default listen behaviour change

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Jun 15 08:36:27 UTC 2012

  Hi,

> This is pretty important wrt dual-stack configurations because they can
> be implemented with just slight changes to spice server (unlike the old
> RFE requesting listening on multiple addresses):
>
> * when no addr= or ipvx options are set, listen on ::0

spice-server sets "ai.ai_flags = AI_PASSIVE | AI_ADDRCONFIG", which
should make getaddrinfo() pick something reasonable, specifically listen
on ipv6 only if the machine actually has ipv6 connectivity.

I think this is the behavior we want here.

> * when ipv4 and no addr= option is set, listen on 0.0.0.0

Works today.

> * when ipv6 is set, set IPV6_ONLY to 1 to make sure that spice server
> won't listen on ipv4

Trivially to add, see patch.

> * when conflicting ipvx and addr= options are set, error out (this
> already works fine)

Works today indeed.

cheers,
  Gerd