[libvirt] regression ?

Harsh Bora harsh at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jun 25 09:25:39 UTC 2012

Hi, I was testing an under-development patch on upstream libvirt using
domxml-to-native and domxml-from-native and realised that the
domxml-from-native fails for a successfully generated qemu cmd line
using domxml-to-native.

To isolate the issue, I tried generating the qemu cmd line for
tests/qemuxml2argvdata/qemuxml2argv-disk-virtio.xml like this:

$virsh domxml-to-native qemu-argv
tests/qemuxml2argvdata/qemuxml2argv-disk-virtio.xml > qemu-args

Now, when I try to generate the XML back for the same CLI, it fails:

$virsh domxml-from-native qemu-argv qem-args
error: internal error missing index/unit/bus parameter in drive
'file=/dev/HostVG/QEMUGuest1,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-0,format=raw'

Does anyone have any idea, what could be causing this ?

regards,
Harsh