[libvirt] qemu -net_user features

Chet Maghz mrz.chet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 09:54:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to specify the host name, dns address and some other features
provided by qemu -net_user.
Right now Im adding a new name space at the end of my xml, like the one
below:

 <qemu:commandline>
   <qemu:arg value='-net'/>
   <qemu:arg value='user,hostname=blahblah'/>
</qemu:commandline>

I am wondering if it is possible to set them within the <interface> name
space.

My concern is I need to set the host name and dns address using SLiRP for
other hypervisors (such as XeN) and it seems they only accept standard
libvirt xml tags.

Would appreciate if you could give a response on this, and a reason if such
thing is not possible.

Thanks in advance.
Chet