Re: [libvirt] [libvirt-glib] Keep domain devices list sorted

On 03/06/2012 03:27 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak gnome org>
>
> While we don't guarantee the order of devices in the list returned from
> gvir_domain_get_devices(), its not a bad idea to keep them sorted the
> same way we get them from configuration (XML).

Actually, if I understand things right, preserving order _is_ important
to guarantee.  For example, with older XML that lacked per-device <boot
order='n'/>, libvirt would determine which order devices are presented
to guest BIOS boot order based on their position within XML.