[libvirt] [RFC] qemu: support for QEMU bridge helper

Corey Bryant coreyb at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 14 15:47:14 UTC 2012

The QEMU bridge helper allows QEMU to be executed with bridge networking
support from a non-privileged user.  For more details see:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-01/msg03562.html

I would like to see if there is interest in adding support to allow
libvirt to execute guests with "-net bridge" support.

This support would complement another feature we are currently working
on, which provides per-guest configurable user/group for QEMU processes.
  This will enable guests to be run from separate non-privileged IDs.
For more details see:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2012-February/msg00990.html

Corey