Re: [libvirt] Turning off libvirtd mdns by default

On 2012-03-27 01:03, Doug Goldstein wrote:
A bit off topic for this list but I hope you're adding the ability to
configure a network as a friendly/trusted network vs a hostile
network. Similar to what Windows has when you connect it to a new
network. If you let it know that you're on a friendly network there
should be some way to enable all these services to auto-advertise
themselves. Otherwise they will becoming an annoying mess of having to
enable every service in every way to advertise itself.

There's work being done on that. I agree it's certainly something that needs to be done.

But as far as Avahi discovery, we need it working by default on both hostile and friendly networks.

Cheers,

Stef