Re: [libvirt] Turning off libvirtd mdns by default

On 2012-03-27 11:17, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
Actually, it is possible to remotely connect to any libvirtd instance
using an SSH tunnel, which works out of the box. Only the direct,
non-tunnelled TLS/SASL based connections require manual setup.

Doesn't this require setting installing an ssh server on your machine? openssh-server doesn't seem to be installed/enabled by default on many (most?) distros, including Fedora.

In addition doesn't this only work when you ssh as root to the box that the libvirtd instance is running on? I couldn't get this working with my user account and a qemu-ssh uri. I'm probably missing something ...

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if I've gotten something wrong.

Would you accept a patch to do this? Or would you suggest that we
try and do this downstream in the Fedora/RHEL packages instead?

Our policy for Fedora / RHEL is to not change upstream behaviour, so this
kind of policy decision should be resolved here.

Okay, good to know.

Cheers,

Stef