[libvirt] [libvirt-glib 2/3] Add host capabilities API

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Wed May 2 18:04:00 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 06:35:07PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > Having a per-feature GVirConfigObject seems overkill since it will
>> > only be a string wrapper, and a GVirConfigObject wrapping just a string
>> > with no node name identifying the type of the node is unusual.
>>
>> Thats only because I haven't added 2 possible getters of this object.
>> We don't need them right now but they could be added when needed
>> later. I have discussed this with Daniel and he and I both think this
>> 'feature' deserves a separate class.
>
> What would be these getters apart from the already existing _get_name?

The features under 'guest' can have boolean attributes, 'default' and
'toggle'. According to RNG and examples I have seen so far, 'feature'
in the context can't have props but I recall Daniel said on IRC that
the RNG is wrong and these nodes can have props too. Any ways, he
suggests we keep a class for both 'feature's and I didn't see any harm
in that.

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124