Re: [libvirt] [libvirt-glib 5/5] Add gvir_config_domain_os_get_boot_devices()

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 01:32:34PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 02:27:37PM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 03:08:06PM +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> > > The annotation is not supposed to be directly meant for humans, thats
> > > why gtk-doc needs to do a better job. i-e the info is already there,
> > > just needs translation.
> >
> > Yep, I don't know if gtk-doc uses the introspection information at all
> > though (to be able to tell which functions should be used to free the
> > container and which function should be used to free its content). In the
> > mean time, I'd feel more comfortable if we explicitly say what should be
> > done to free the returned data since that is one of the thing that I miss
> > the most when using most C APIs
>
> If I look at the docs for GTK, I see GTK-DOC is including details of
> the annotations:
>
> eg
>
>   http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-get-default-icon-list
>
>   "Returns: copy of default icon list. [element-type GdkPixbuf][transfer container]"

Forgot to mention that gtk+ also has a note saying how to free the return
value, from your link: "The list is a copy and should be freed with
g_list_free(), but the pixbufs in the list have not had their reference
count incremented. "

Christophe