[libvirt] libvirt chowning my kernel/initrd files

libvirt dev team,

I'm running libvirtd 0.9.8 and I notice than when I provide a kernel
path for my VM, libvirt chowns the kernel file I provide to root:root.

I see this was done in 0.7.1

http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=commit;h=c42b39784534930791d1feb3de859d85a7848168

Why was this done? It seems to me that the kernel and initrd file
would be completely read-only from the qemu perspective, and qemu
would only need read access to the files.

For unprivileged users without sudo access, this chowning results in
kernel files that can not be removed or modified.

Thanks,
Seth