Re: [libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] ANNOUNCE: libvirt maintenance release

On 05/06/2012 12:26 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> libvirt maintenance release is now available (actually,
> available since April 27 but I neglected to send this mail). This is
> libvirt 0.9.11 with additional bugfixes that have accumulated
> upstream since the initial release.
> This release can be downloaded at:
> http://libvirt.org/sources/stable_updates/libvirt-
> List of changes since libvirt-
> * Stable release
> * python: Fix doc directory name for stable releases
> * docs: Serialize running apibuild.py
> * configure: Use ustar format for dist tarball
> * qemu: improve errors related to offline domains
> * nwfilter: address more coverity findings
> * nwfilter: address coverity findings
> * util: fix error messages in virNetlinkEventServiceStart

Cole, I noticed that you were inconsistent on whether you used 'git
cherry-pick -x' when backporting patches, which makes it a bit harder to
see which mainline patch corresponds to each backported patch.  I'm
wondering if we should enforce a branch checkin policy that requires
either a cherry pick id or a special comment stating that a patch is
maint-branch-only (in the latter category would be patches that bump the
version number in configure.ac).