[libvirt] Compiling Warning

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri May 25 14:35:03 UTC 2012

On 05/24/2012 09:52 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 05/24/2012 09:37 PM, Alex Jia wrote:
>> Hello Eric,
>> I met some compiling warning, I'm not sure whether my environment is
>> dirty, please help confirm them:
>>
>> *** Warning: Linking the executable qemuxml2argvtest against the
>> loadable module
>> *** libvirt_driver_qemu.so is not portable!
>
> You've previously reported this warning, and we've previously reported
> that it is harmless.  It just appears more frequently now that we use
> libvirt in more places.

Actually, this is a slightly different warning than the one I was
thinking of:

  CCLD   libvirt_driver_qemu.la

*** Warning: Linking the shared library libvirt_driver_qemu.la against
the non-libtool
*** objects  libvirt_qemu_probes.o is not portable!

And I think I just figured out how to silence that one (but not the
'linking against .so' one); patch coming up.