Re: [libvirt] Remote connection to KVM hypervisor failed using libvirt 0.10.2

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:13:58AM +0200, Ido Levy wrote:
> > From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange redhat com>
> > To: Ido Levy/Haifa/IBM IBMIL,
> > Cc: libvir-list redhat com
> > Date: 23/11/2012 10:59 AM
> > Subject: Re: [libvirt] Remote connection to KVM hypervisor failed
> > using libvirt 0.10.2
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 07:43:12AM +0200, Ido Levy wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I compiled libvirt 0.10.2 from source providing extra parameters to
> the
> > > configure procedure to support phyp and hyper-v driver support, and
> python
> > > binding.
> > > When running virsh from the tools directory (libvirt-0.10.2/tools) and
>
> > > trying to connect to remote KVM hypervisor using connect
> > > qemu+ssh://user hostname/system
> > > I got the following error
> > > error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
> > > error: End of file while reading data: : Input/output error
> > >
> > > The same scenario working without any issue using virsh tool that is
> > > shipped with RHEL distribution.
> > >
> > > Any advise how can I figure out how to resolve this.
> >
> > What are the full args you passed to 'configure' ?
> >
> > Daniel
>
>  ./configure --with-python --with-phyp --with-hyperv

Ok, that's the problem. If you want your build to be able to connect
to the RPM based build, you need to make it use the same paths. For
this you need to pass

   ./configure --with-python --with-phyp --with-hyperv \
       --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var