Re: [libvirt] Proposal: no dnsmasq (no dhcp and no dns) and no radvd option

On 11/25/2012 05:08 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
Speaking of logging, if you do not like the lease renewal messages,
>then you will have a bigger problem with the "RTR-ADVERT" messages
>that dnsmasq issues every 3//4/5 seconds for every started interface.
Yes, that's definitely a no-go. I'm pretty sure nobody would stand for
that. If that's how dnsmasq operates, we can't switch to using dnsmasq
until that's remedied.

One-line replacement fix should "fix" the problem: change LOG_INFO to LOG_DEBUG and I am confident that it should be in 2.64.

You mentioned that users were griping about other messages. I do believe that there are too many LOG_INFO messages and perhaps some of them need to have more to differentiate them and, even more likely, do issue many of those messages unless log-dhcp is specified. [otherwise, finding the real information in vast quantities of data becomes very challenging]

But, it was also pointed out that too many messages means that you have not "tuned" (filtered) you syslog sufficiently. That is a very real point and could have been used for the RTR-ADVERT messages too except they really belongs in LOG_DEBUG.

Gene