[libvirt] Connection using Java

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 15:27:23 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 09:10 AM, Felipe Oliveira Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using java to connect to the xen, but my class is throwing a
> exception. Does anyone know what is happening?
>
> public class TestConnection {
>         Connect conn = null;
>         try {
>             conn = new Connect("xen+ssh://root@192.XXX.XXX.XX/", true);
>
> libvir: RPC error : End of file while reading data: nc: invalid option --
> 'U'

What distro is running the machine at 192.XXX.XXX.XX, and what version
of nc is it using (remembering that Fedora and Debian nc come from
different heritages)?  What does 'nc --help' output on that machine?

It may be possible to connect by installing an updated nc on that
machine, and/or altering your xen+ssh://... URI to include a ?netcat=...
parameter that points to an alternate location on that server that
understands -U.

http://libvirt.org/remote.html#Remote_URI_parameters