[libvirt] feature or bug

I notice that radvd is started for any ISOLATED (non-forwarding) network with an IPv6 definition.

Why?

In fact, I believe that there should be a way of defining a virtual network where neither dnsmasq nor radvd are started. My assumption is that virtual servers will be defined on the network as needed.

I assume that the network addresses, etc. are needed by software somewhere deep in the bowels of the kernel and related software. Thus, it should not be possible to have guests use IPv4 or IPv6 addresses on a network other than those defined.

Comments?

Gene