Re: [libvirt] [RFC] New API to retrieve node CPU map

On 10/11/2012 06:06 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 10/10/2012 10:02 PM, Osier Yang wrote:
Are you interested in writing patches to implement this new API, if
others agree with my alternate single-API signature?

Agreed. A single-API and allocating the cpumap inside libvirt without
the need to known the maplen avoids the race.

But a flags support won't bite us, assuming someone just want to get
the cpumap of the onlined CPUs, or offlined CPUs.

Indeed, shame on me for not remember a flags argument for any possible
future extensions.

So how about:

int
virNodeGetCpuMap(virConnectPtr conn,
                  unsigned char **cpumap,
                  unsigned int flags);

Yes, that's better, even if flags must always be 0 for now.

No problem to include flags for future extensions to be on the safe side. However, the map will contain all CPUs with the bits representing the online/offline state. If the intention is to quickly get the number of offline/online CPUS the following signature would be better IMO

int
virNodeGetCpuMap(virConnectPtr conn,
                 unsigned char **cpumap,
		 unsigned int *online,
		 unsigned int *offline,
                 unsigned int flags);

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards
   Viktor Mihajlovski

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen