Re: [libvirt] Some questions about virConnectAuthCallbackPtr

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 03:52:06PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Some questions which seem to be left ambigious by the documentation
> for virConnectAuthCallbackPtr:
> http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virConnectAuthCallbackPtr
> (1) For a single open, can this be called multiple times?  I'm
> thinking, some authentication methods might give the user N attempts
> at typing the password, which might result in N callbacks here.

Testing and reviewing the libssh2 backend, it seems this
must be true (ie. N >= 1).

BTW I cannot get the libssh2 backend in libvirt to work.  For
every host it says:

  libvirt_auth.c: authentication required for libvirt URI 'qemu+libssh2://localhost/system'
  libvirt_auth.c: credential 'echoprompt'
  Accept SSH host key with hash '<correct host key>' for host 'localhost:22' (y/n)?: y
  libguestfs: error: could not connect to libvirt (code 85, domain 50): SSH transport error: SSH host key for 'localhost' (<correct host key>) was not accepted

No idea what I'm doing wrong.  Nothing in the logs on the server
indicate that anything is wrong on the remote side.