[libvirt] how libvirt communicate with qemu?

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Sun Oct 21 14:10:45 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 03:12 PM, yue wrote:
> i am reading source code, begin with tracing simple command line ,like virsh list and forth.
> please look at my qurestions
> 1.how libvirt communicate with qemu?

For starters, before diving into code, I'm learning it this way, by tracing all the
commands(let it be Qemu's QMP or others) virsh is calling:

Place the below log filters in /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf.
----
log_filters="1:libvirt 1:qemu_monitor 1:util 1:qemu"
log_outputs="1:file:/var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log"
----

And, monitor /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log for all the calls libvirt is making.

For your other questions, I'll let more qualified people answer it.

/kashyap