Re: [libvirt] Add hyperthreaded sibling info to virsh capabilities

On 10/29/2012 11:57 AM, Dusty Mabe wrote:

> Along the same lines, I am considering adding numacell memory
> information to this output. Some options for formatted output would
> be:
>
> <topology>
>   <cells num='2'>
>     <cell id='0' memoryKB='8386504'>

memoryKB is an awkward attribute name.

> or, more similar to the guest xml
>
> <topology>
>   <cells num='2'>
>     <cell id='0'>
>       <memory unit='KiB'>8386504</memory>
>       <cpus num='8'>

Much nicer - and because it resembles guest xml it can reuse code.

> There are a lot of options here for how to format the output. I don't
> anticipate the unit of KiB to change since that is what is in the
> /sys/devices/system/node/node0/meminfo files.

We've already used KiB for memory everywhere else in our XML, so it
actually works out nicely.

> Thoughts?

Sounds like a worthwhile idea; I'm looking forward to seeing what
patches you come up with.