[libvirt] error: Failed to start pool (already mounted)

Ragnar Skúlason raggi at greenqloud.com
Tue Sep 4 09:45:19 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this belongs here, I sent a question to the users list
yesterday without getting a response, so I'm trying here.

I have storage-pool that for some reason became inactive (possibly due to
an error with pool-refresh in an old version of a Java API binding).

I want to restart the pool but am unable to, due to the volume being
mounted:

# virsh pool-start [uuid]
error: Failed to start pool [uuid]
error: Requested operation is not valid: Target '/mnt/[uuid]' is already
mounted

We have tested this with versions 0.9.12 and 0.9.13.

This did work in versions 0.8.x

Is it possible to bypass this mount check and start the storage pool
(forcefully)?

Many thanks,
Ragnar Skúlason